Monday, December 31, 2007

A reading from to Book of Sumatra Roast.

For Christmas, Gina's Sister's Boyfriend (Dan) got us a bottle of beer.
Only it was more than just a regular bottle of beer. It was

Lagunita's Limited Release Cappuccino Stout.

It was amazing.
Here's what it said on the side of the bottle:


Coffee is my shepheard; I shall not doze.
It maketh me to wake in green pastures,
it leadeth me beyond the sleeping masses.
It restoreth my brain,
it leadeth me in the paths of consciousness for it's namesake.
Yea, though the valley of the shadow of sleep,
I will fear no artificial sweetner for thou art with me;
Thy cream and thy sugar comfort me.
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presene of my zzz's,
Thou anointest my day with sunlight;
My cup runneth over.
Surely richness and flavor shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of Cappuccina forever...
...Let us sip...
...or whatever...



Yep.
That's how cool it was.

And Chris and Gina spake saying,

"Yea, it was delecious."

2 comments:

arwen said...

severly unrelated: a few weeks ago, a slightly awkward young man came in and ordered a tall cappuccino. I made him some of my bomb foam and he walked away happy to sit in the corner with his equally awkward wife and her mother. 15 minutes later, he comes back to me and says "Can I get some more? This cappuccino was almost 1/2 foam...." So I say OH! It was too dry for you. Yeah. I'm sorry.
I pick up the cup that he has set on the bar for me and it's damn near empty. So I start dumping milk into it.
"UM.... could you put some more espresso in there for me? I kind of feel like I got ripped off with all that foam...."
so I remade it for him.
decaf.
with moderately lame, weak foam.

moral of the story, don't be cocky and order what sounds cool cause you're not going to like it.

unless its coffee beer. then you might like it.

goodluckwithyoursleeping
foryourbigdaytomorrowFaloop.

tabitha jane said...

for christmas, we got some beer brewed with coffee too. it. was. excellent. and i want to drink it always.