Friday, January 11, 2008

Why is it everything can be related to TV shows?


Boo-urns, Writers Strike '07/'08.
Boo-urns and then some.

It's official: according to NBC there will be NO MORE NEW episodes from The Office or How I Met Your Mother this season. At least Heroes had the decency to tell us long ago that the season was ending: The Office and HIMYM left us hanging. Bastards.

Ahhh, HIMYM - we'll miss you.
I just re-downloaded seasons one and
two in Hi-Def wide screen so we can watch
them on The iMac (yep, it's now referred
to as THE iMac) to keep us in our fix until
the new season starts - in like 10 years.

We just watched The Pineapple Incident
again. And Sweet Taste Of Liberty. Which
leads me to the phase two and three of
this Blog. Keep reading for more.












The Pineapple Incident: I love my daughter. I love taking care of her, I love playing with her, I love watching her sleep (and she IS sleeping now). What I don't love is not being able to be irresponsible. I miss getting Pineappled. I miss going to the bar and - once a year - taking shots and getting really, really, really drunk and dancing in the bar and singing and having people write "My name is Chris. If found, please call (360) xxx-xxxx" on my arm in case I'm found in the gutter. Sure, I can still go out and have a few cocktails with friends, but I have to come home and take care of Audrey so I can't get really smashed. Or even mostly smashed. It's great growing up, but I don't like having the opportunity to act young and stupid. I used to be pretty crazy. I had a Drunk Chris persona that my friends would giggle at when He came out. It was somewhat rare, as I was a professional BarFly and rarely got out of control. But damn! it was fun when I did! Until the next morning - I got some wicked hangovers. I think that at some point in the future, when Audrey can stay overnight at Grandma and Grandpa's house, Drunk Chris is going to come out and play. Some point in the not-so-near future. Dang.

Sweet Taste of Liberty: I miss having a Ted. I miss being someone's Wingman. While I never tried to pick up women at the airport and ended up on a plane to Philly, I DID go to bars in Gresham and come up with a back story to fit the characters we were playing. While I don't miss trying to pick up on chick myself, I do miss helping other people meet chicks/dudes. Now that I'm watching HIMYM I really want to try the "Haaaaave you met Xxxxxxx?" line. Anyone need a good Wingman? I'm telling you: I'm an AWESOME Wingman! I can post up by the bathroom so if you want to bail you can hit the restroom and say the pre-determined code on the way by - then I'll call you with a "family emergency" so you can jet. I can also pay for my drinks in cash for fast getaways. I can come up with flattering stories on the spot to fit the Back Story. I'm telling you: I'm goooooood.

I don't want you to get the wrong idea - I love my wife very much. I love my daughter just as much. I love my life and what I'm doing right now. But I still miss, from time to time, being an irresponsible kid.

You know what I mean?

No comments: