Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Pshyeah

Remember? That one time? When I used to post? And, I used to, um, read your posts? And comment on them? Um, remember that?

That was awesome.


I'm going to TRY to get back to BlogSpot. I say "try" because I have about 10 minutes a day where I can do whatever I want. I love you guys, but I've got a lot of stuff to cram into 10 minutes!

Let's try to do a little update, shall we?

Work: I'm actually doing the job I was hired for now. I'm opening accounts, this month I'm getting out in the community to try to bring in some new accounts and create some "Points of Contact," I'm planning some pretty big stuff soon. All in all I like it a lot. However, my time as the "new guy" is coming to an end. I can't fall back on the "I don't really know what I'm doing" excuse anymore. I've got goals, and I'd damn-well better hit them! It's cool, having some structure and being challenged at the same time. The bathrooms are still horrible, but we won't get into that.

Home: The G and I have been trying a new sleep program for A, and it seems to be working......most of the time. Putting her to bed is only horrible for about 15 minutes instead of every hour (on the hour) all freakin' night. It's been pretty nice, and I think the G and I might be able to have an actual relationship again instead of co-workers. That sound horrible and it's mostly an exaggeration, but it has been pretty tough. With the Wee One sleeping a bit more (and in a better mood because of it) we actually get time to talk to each other and the stress level in our home has dropped. Not gone totally away, but then again Audrey isn't done with college yet.

Computer: Since I was horribly, horribly sick on Sunday and Monday, I was able to order an external hard drive and 7-port USB hub. Thank you, tax return! I know it's nerdy, but I can't freakin' wait until they come! I'll have a HD for media storage and data backup, and with the hub I won't have to unplug something every time I want to plug something else in. Plus Brent gave me another gig of RAM to tide me over until I can get my 4GB kit, so my already screaming computer it ever faster now. That's a good thing since we moved the TV to the back bedroom the computer had become the Media Center of our living room. I download the TV shows we have to watch (very few) and I have the stereo hooked up so iTunes plays on the big speakers. Awesome!

Car: I got all that crap done to my car (see my last post) and for a lot less than the dealership wanted to charge (duh!). All 4 tires, new front brake rotors and ceramic hi-performance pads, brake system flush, oil change, and 4-wheel alignment = $780 (vs. the $1400 they wanted at GM). Now I've got to find someone with a steam/carpet cleaner that has a hand attachment I can use for a day so I can detail the bad boy. It drives like a dream now! I don't get that shift in the front end when I take corners at 45 or feel that shimmy in the steering wheel when I get up over 75. Happy day!

Spiritually: Big happenings. I don't want to get into it just yet, but big, BIG stuff. I'm also trying to split my time between playing music at Sunday worship and working with Brent on the computer/sound system stuff. I filled in while he was in CA and I never realized how distracting it is! I figure I'll get good at it so he can take a week off and actually PARTICIPATE in worship instead of simply making it awesome for the rest of us.

So that's "lately" in a nutshell. Not a lot going on, but no free time either. I can't wait until the weather is nice again so I can go play golf. I think I really, really need a good cigar, a few beers and a nice glass of scotch after the last hole, and 18 holes of sun and relaxation. I think if I squeeze all my 10-minute slots for two weeks into one day, I can play a whole round of golf.

Oh! I'm in a charity Bowling Tournament next month. My work put together two teams (well, almost: we still need one more person on ours - are you a (passably) good bowler and free on May 3rd? We need another! It's for Junior Achievers and it's going to be a blast. I'm pretty excited about that.

In closing, I stumbled across the following video. Since then, Gina and I have played it at LEAST five times a day. I can't really say why it's so awesome, but it's so awesome. Enjoy.


2 comments:

arwen said...

sometimes it breaks my heart that I could be in that video.



are you at Penninsula? I'm there more often than not and if you are, I'll stop in and wave at you.

maybe I'll even use all 5 fingers.
heh.... ohmagad.....

Anonymous said...

pist.

today I caught my reflection--- ok. I was gazing at me---- and I sang (in my head)(no really)
"I love your hair.... who does your hair.... i wanna go there...."

crap.